7/06/2007

It's looking good in here

I'm shoving a load of laundry into the dryer when Tonia shows up at my door with coffee beans, raw sugar and two kinds of milk. I make us iced lattes that we share in the backyard and talk about what the hell am I going to do with this crazy garden. I ask her to help shift a piece of furniture down the basement stairs. I can tell she's totally not liking it so I suggest instead why doesn't she run out an get us some Sushi

that we share on the front verandah facing the lowering sun
then jump on the subway to her place.

It's Canada Day.
We're in a 29th floor penthouse overlooking Lake Ontario.
The whole shoreline flashes with fireworks displays.
Ashbridges Bay, Ontario Place, Hamilton, Burlington, Something, Something, Niagara-on-the-lake, Niagara Falls.

We smoke a bowl together.

The moon rises big and round and red and fat over the lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.