6/14/2007

Reconstituted

I've just walked from St Henri to the Plateau in terrycloth flipflops.
I didn't really mean to. I mean, I did mean to end up in the Plateau. I just didn't mean to start from St Henri. It's just that I'd ended up in St Henri in a taxi-van from Verdun with my friend and two free bookcases that she'd just got from a totally cool couple who were moving to Nun's Island. She paid my metro ticket at Peel Station since I'd agreed to help her go fetch them. This we'd discussed over a cigarette on the steps in front of Thomson House after my colleagues had somehow reduced my dissertation proposal to powder with nothing but their nakedly honest questions.

2 comments:

flaneur said...

see, if i'd never moved to st henri your walk n' thinks would be much shorter and less satisfying. such are the literal lengths i go to in order to help my friends... ;)

lizzie said...

Awww, you're the best.